Dr. Richard Clark is an experienced and skilled plastic surgeon who has performed many incredibly successful nose, body, breast and face surgeries. To schedule your consultation with Dr. Clark, Contact Us or Call Us at (916) 925–3912.Contact Us
Many mothers may feel uncomfortable with their appearance after giving birth to one or more children. Luckily, many plastic surgeons offer a Mommy Makeover procedure, including Dr. Richard Clark.
What Does a Mommy Makeover Consist of?
A Mommy Makeover is a term used for a series of surgical procedures that help women who have gone through childbearing. The Mommy Makeover typically consists of procedures for the breast, tummy, and lower body, such as:
- Breast augmentation: uses breast implants to increase the size of the breast. The procedure helps reform the breasts post-pregnancy or weight loss.
- Breast lift: reshapes and raises the breasts by removing and tightening the tissues. Women who have dealt with pregnancies, breastfeeding, weight fluctuations, aging, gravity, or heredity can be a candidate for this procedure.
- Buttock augmentation: contours the size of the buttocks. The process involves buttocks implants and fat grafting. Buttock augmentation can enhance the fullness of your butt.
- Liposuction: removes the excess fat from targeted areas such as the stomach. Reshaping and tightening the focused areas.
- Tummy tuck: removes excess fat and skin from the abdominal area. The procedure helps create a firmer profile.
- Vaginal rejuvenation: consists of several different surgeries, such as labiaplasty, clitoral hood reduction, labia majoraplasty, monsplasty, and vaginoplasty.
All of these procedures can help rejuvenate the appearance of a woman’s body after childbearing.
Am I a Candidate?
The right candidate for a Mommy Makeover should have proper medical health, the ideal body weight, no longer childbearing, and contain realistic expectations.
Candidates may need to prepare for a Mommy Makeover by getting a medical evaluation, stop smoking, take or adjust medications as needed, avoid aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements.
What to Expect From a Mommy Makeover?
Depending on the procedures chosen during the Mommy Makeover, the recovery may vary. Typically post Mommy Makeover surgery may consist of gauze or bandages to cover any incisions. Compression garments can control any swelling post-surgery. The physician may also provide an elastic bandage or support bra for any post breast procedures.
Clients often don’t see results until several months after surgery. Throughout the healing process, implants will be able to settle, and scar lines will fade away. Depending on the individual, there may not be guaranteed expectations, but the results are typically good. The client should follow their physician’s instructions on recovery to receive the correct results.