Forehead and brow wrinkles can cause you to appear older and worn out. They may also cause you to look perpetually angry, tired, sad, or worried. A forehead/brow lift reduces forehead wrinkles and lifts sagging brows to help you appear more rested and youthful.
What a Forehead/Brow Lift Can Correct:
- Forehead Wrinkles: The forehead lift eliminates horizontal forehead wrinkles to reveal a smooth, youthful appearance.
- Frown Lines: The forehead/brow lift reduces frown lines (brow furrows) to help you look more cheerful and happy instead of angry or sad.
- Sight Lines: If excess skin and fat in your brows interfere with your ability to see clearly, a brow lift can correct eyelid hooding and improve your sightlines.
- Aging Around the Eyes: The forehead/brow lift corrects indications of aging around the eyes, especially in the upper lids, by lifting the brows.
The Best Candidates:
- Have signs of forehead and brow aging
- Are non-smokers
- Are physically healthy
- Have a positive outlook
- Have realistic goals and expectations
The forehead/brow lift procedure can be accomplished in one of two ways:
- Endoscopic: Dr. Clark will make tiny incisions hidden within the hairline. Using an endoscope to see the internal structures, he will adjust the tissues as needed to improve your appearance. While this technique is less able to eliminate excess skin, it has a faster recovery time.
- Classic: Dr. Clark will make an incision along or within the hairline and surgically lift the skin to adjust the underlying tissues. He will also remove fat and excess skin if necessary before suturing the incision together. Recovery is slightly longer, and numbness may persist at the incision site for up to one year.
A forehead/brow lift can also be combined with other procedures such as facelift surgery or eyelid lift surgery to more completely rejuvenate the face.
Patients should rest with the head and back elevated for the initial five to seven days following their forehead/brow lift. You can engage in light activities such as walking during this time but should avoid heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for at least three to four weeks. Most patients can return to work in one week.
To schedule your forehead/brow lift consultation with Dr. Richard Clark, please call (916) 925–3912 or email our office today.