Dr. Richard Clark is an experienced and skilled plastic surgeon who has performed many incredibly successful nose, body, breast and face surgeries. To schedule your consultation with Dr. Clark, Contact Us or Call Us at (916) 925–3912.Contact Us
Eyelid surgery, formally called “blepharoplasty,” is a surgical procedure that rejuvenates the eyelids. Aging and genetics are common factors that contribute to losing eyelid skin and fat deposits, both of which create puffiness, bags under the eyes, sagging eyelid skin, fine lines, and wrinkles. Surgery on the upper and/or lower eyelids can tighten these tissues to refresh and rejuvenate your appearance.
What Eyelid Surgery Can Correct
- Aging Around the Eyes: Blepharoplasty removes excess skin, eliminates fat deposits, and tightens the tissues around the eyes to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
- Sight Lines: If excess skin and fat in the upper eyelids have caused hooding over your eyes that blocks your sight lines, eyelid surgery can remove this excess tissue to restore your full range of vision.
- A Tired Appearance: Eyelid surgery can eliminate the sagging upper eyelid skin and bags under the eyes that cause you to look tired, giving you a more rested and rejuvenated appearance.
The Best Candidates
- Have signs of aging around the eyes such as bags, puffiness, and sagging eyelids
- Have vision impairment due to excess upper eyelid tissue
- Have no major eye conditions such as glaucoma
- Are non-smokers
- Are physically healthy
- Have a positive outlook
- Have realistic goals and expectations
- Upper Blepharoplasty: Dr. Clark will make a minor incision along the natural upper eyelid crease to disguise any scarring. He will then remove excess skin and fatty tissue, and he will tighten the muscles and remaining tissues to minimize signs of aging and eliminate eyelid hooding.
- Lower Blepharoplasty: Dr. Clark will make an incision either just below the lash line of the lower eyelid or along the inner lining of the lower eyelid. He will then remove excess fat and skin to minimize wrinkles, puffiness, and bags under the eyes.
Upper and lower blepharoplasty can be performed separately or together. The procedure(s) may also be performed in conjunction with other facial procedures such as a brow lift or facelift.
Recovery and Results
After the surgery, patients may experience some swelling and bruising, both of which can be minimized with the use of cold compresses. Most patients can return to work approximately ten days after surgery. All patients should avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercise for at least a few weeks. Results will become visible as the swelling diminishes within a few weeks of the procedure. The incision lines will be inconspicuous and improve over time. Results from eyelid surgery are long lasting and reveal a more youthful and rested appearance. After surgery, the tissues will continue to age naturally, and results are best maintained by adopting a healthy skin care routine and wearing eye protection when out in the sun.
Schedule your consultation today for eyelid surgery with renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Richard Clark. To book your appointment, please email our office or call us at (916) 925–3912 today.