A clear complexion helps you to look youthful and beautiful. Fine lines, wrinkles, shallow acne scars, blemishes, and discoloration can mar your complexion and detract from your appearance. A laser peel, also called laser skin resurfacing, is a cosmetic procedure that can revitalize and resurface your skin to help you look more youthful and attractive.
What a Laser Peel Can Correct
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles: A laser peel can minimize fine lines and wrinkles so that your skin is smooth and youthful.
- Discoloration and Tone: A laser peel removes damaged skin to improve discoloration and skin tone.
- Scars and Blemishes: A laser peel can reduce shallow acne scars and blemishes to soften your skin texture and improve its appearance.
The Best Candidates
- Have fine lines or wrinkles around the eyes or mouth
- Have fine lines or wrinkles on the forehead
- Have shallow acne scars or minor blemishes
- Have an uneven skin tone and texture
- Are non-smokers
- Are physically healthy
- Have a positive outlook
- Have realistic goals and expectations
Dr. Clark performs laser peel treatment using advanced laser technology. Concentrated light beams are directed at the irregular skin to remove layers of damaged tissue. The laser vaporizes the damaged skin cells from the surface skin to reveal healthier, younger skin cells underneath. The laser peel is an outpatient procedure and uses either local anesthetic or sedation depending on the extent of treatment. The entire procedure may take between 30 minutes and two hours.
Recovery and Results
Dr. Clark will give you specific instructions on how to care for the treated area of skin. The treated areas may feel itchy or sting slightly during the first few days after treatment. Any swelling can be minimized with an ice pack. Within five to seven days, your facial skin will become dry and will peel off to reveal the healthier skin underneath. Most patients heal from a laser peel within three weeks. Once your skin has healed, makeup may be used to minimize redness. Redness will fade within a few months. It is important to keep your skin moisturized and protected from the sun after your laser peel. Your laser peel will reveal new skin that is healthy and youthful.
To schedule your laser peel consultation with Dr. Clark, please call (916) 925-3912 or fill out our online contact form today.